Update on New Library at The Commons
At the City Council meeting, Wednesday 2/16/22 City Manager Dan Schwarz provided an update on the status of the State Library grant application. The takeaways:
· Due to new state guidelines the city will be applying for a 6-7,000 SF building
· The likely city grant request to the state will be for a 50% match of $2.5-3.5M
How this impacts TCF and the new library at The Commons:
· TCF still needs to raise $5M by 12/31/22. The uncertainty of the state grant amount does not change our goal.
· If the state funds are received, then the city can build a larger facility. The state says that they will begin issuing grants in late spring 2022.
How does this impact the TCF challenge funds?
· The LB Challenge and the Community Challenge will match any donation above $1,000.
The State may match some or all of donations received before March 15.
Please contact us if you have any questions.