I trust you are enjoying the warmer weather and lovely green hills from the recent rains. So cool to also see the Cherry Blossoms this early in February starting to bloom. I love Larkspur!
I have a brief update for you this month regarding progress for the new library at The Commons.
- Thanks to generous donors, The Commons Foundation (TCF) had great success in raising the necessary funds the City needed to build a new modern library at The Commons. Donor funds were used by the City to get a vital matching grant from the state.
- Grants for the library cannot be applied to landscaping and most outdoor features. The City has asked The Commons Foundation team to continue its fundraising efforts to enhance the landscaping and outdoor features as well as meeting spaces.
- The Commons Foundation has identified this need as a priority and will now focus its efforts on raising an additional $1 million in private funds for landscaping and outdoor spaces, such as patios, walkways, raised beds, arbors, plantings, bicycle and pedestrian amenities, benches, water features(s), and lighting.
- Following is a link to the city website to view the details of the MOU between the city and TCF. https://www.ci.larkspur.ca.us/DocumentCenter/View/16596/44-Commons-Foundation-Fundraising-for-Outdoor-Features?bidId=
- TCF website revamp: Our current website contains a lot of information that was relevant to our successful $5M major campaign. As we move into this exciting new phase and Landscaping Campaign, we will archive a lot of the old info and revamp the website. Stay tuned!
So, in closing, we are excited about seeking additional support to create attractive and inviting outdoor areas around the new library for everyone’s enjoyment and look forward to being in touch with updates. Have a great February.
The Commons Foundation